- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Donald Ray Estes, 71, of York, Pa., died Monday, Jan. 15, 2007, at Veterans Administration Hospital in Lebanon, Pa.
He was born Nov. 23, 1935, at Millersville, son of Jesse Robert and Ollie Alice Seabaugh Estes Sr. He and Hattie Clements were married Oct. 15, 1962. She died Sept. 21, 1966.
Estes was a 1955 graduate of Jackson High School. He was a mechanic with the U.S. Air Force 21 years, retiring in 1976 as a technical sergeant. He was a member of Millersville Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Jerry R. and Tom L. Estes of York, Connor Winai Estes of Cabot, Ark.; a daughter, Susan Brethold of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mary Ann Spurlock of Sikeston, Mo.; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and six brothers.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Bob Mundis officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery with full military honors.