- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. -- Joe Willie Preyer, 53, of Portageville died Monday, Jan. 15, 2007, at Lilbourn, Mo.
He was born Feb. 12, 1953, in Millington, Tenn., son of Wallace and Hattie Jefferson Preyer.
Preyer was employed the past 29 years with Missouri Department of Transportation.
Survivors include a son, Ryan Fountain of New Madrid, Mo.; a daughter, Mattie Preyer of Portageville; his mother of Portageville; five brothers, Melvin and Curtis Preyer of Portageville, Ronnie Preyer of Cape Girardeau, Everett Preyer of St. Louis, David Preyer of Columbia, Mo.; two sisters, Regina Jefferson of Cape Girardeau, and Debra Preyer of Portageville.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Visitation will be after 6 p.m. Friday at DeLisle Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kirk Dunnavant officiating. Burial will be in Portageville Cemetery.