- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape/Jackson police report 1/18/07
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Amelia J. Farrow, 21, of 7177 Route Y, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain a single lane of traffic.
* Joseph W. Holman, 32, of Chaffee, Mo., was arrested on a Poplar Bluff, Mo., warrant for failure to appear.
* Marshall S. Kilburn, 34, of Chaffee, Mo., was arrested on a Poplar Bluff, Mo., warrant for failure to appear.
* John S. Ryan of 176 Star Drive Lot 103 was arrested on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident, no proof of insurance and failure to maintain a single lane of traffic.
* Ryan S. Mosley, 21, of 729 Hickory St., was arrested on a Scott County warrant for driving while revoked and a Jackson County warrant for failure to appear.
* Benjamin J. Asinger, 22, of 652 S. Spring Ave. Apt. B, received a summons for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Cheryl A. Berkbigler of Freidheim received a summons for striking a legally stopped vehicle.
* James B. Osborn of 1947 Cape Rock Road received a summons for failure to yield and no proof of insurance following a motor vehicle accident at Broadway and Clark Avenue.
* Amanda L. Benton of 2759 Ridge Rd. in Jackson received a summons for striking a legally stopped vehicle following a motor vehicle accident at Interstate 55 and Route K.
* JC Penney's, 3049 William St., reported a theft of a men's leather coat. Charles L. Williams, 63, of New Madrid, Mo., was arrested in connection with the complaint.
* A theft of checks and forgery was reported at 1021 Themis St.
* A burglary was reported at 1209 N. Spanish St. A wallet and contents were reported stolen.
* Wal Mart, 3439 William St., reported a theft of merchandise. Michelle N. Thiele, 28, of 133 Parkwood Lake Estates No. 8, was arrested in connection with the complaint.
* A checkbook was reported stolen at 115 N. Fountain St., Apt. 210.
* A burnt orage Dodge Neon with Illinois license plates was reported stolen at Wiliam Street and Ellis Street.
* Rhodes 101, 1624 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* A bedspread and a hotplate were reported stolen at 330 Morgan Oak St.
* A vehicle window was reported broken at 1701 Lacey St.
* Telephone harassment was reported.
* A 21-year-old male was placed in protective custody.
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* An assault was reported in the 1600 block of W. Independence St.
* A motor vehicle was reported stolen at Trevino and Ridge Road.
* Property damage was reported in the 100 block of W. Vale Drive.
* Telephone harassment was reported in the 700 block of Goodson Drive.
* A request to keep the peace was reported in the 700 block of Goodson Drive.
* A peace disturbance was reported at Old Cape Road and Kimbelwood Drive.