- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
In federal court
The following information was released by the office of federal prosecutor Catherine Hanaway for defendants appearing in federal court before U.S. District Judge Henry A. Autrey.
Name: Richard Rowe
Residence: Portageville, Mo.
Charge: Previously convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
Sentence: 90 months in prison.
Summary: Rowe admitted Aug. 6, 2004, to purchasing a Llama .45-caliber pistol which had previously been stolen June 20, 2004, from another Portageville resident. Due to Rowe's previous felony convictions, he is prohibited by law from possessing firearms.
Name: Dion M. Coates
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charge: Two counts of distribution of 5 grams or more of cocaine base.
Sentence: 80 months in prison followed by a four-year supervised release.
Summary: In his guilty plea, Coates admitted that on or about March 12 and 14, 2005, he distributed crack cocaine to a confidential informant.