- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lesli Anne Maxwell and Joshua Freedom du Lac were married May 6, 2006, at the home of Jim and Noel Castellanos in Saratoga, Calif., cousins of the bride. John L. Burton performed the ceremony.
Readers were Christian du Lac and Miranda Pinckert of Palo Alto, Calif., brother and sister-in-law of the groom, and Charlotte Fadipe of Sacramento, Calif. Guitarist was Jay Alvarez of Santa Cruz, Calif.
The bride is the daughter of Bob and Mary Maxwell of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Diana du Lac of Walnut Creek, Calif., and the late Jean du Lac.
Flower girls were Madison Schrama, niece of the bride, and Isabel Castellanos, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Mitchell Maxwell, nephew of the bride. Madison and Mitchell are children of Rob and Gina Maxwell of Peachtree City, Ga. Isabel is the daughter of Jim and Noel Castellanos.
The reception was held at the home of the Castellanos.
Mrs. du Lac is a 1991 graduate of Central High School, a 1995 graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia, and received a master's degree in journalism from the University of California-Berkeley in 1998. She is a staff writer for the Education Week newspaper.
The groom is a 1989 graduate of Lowell High School in San Francisco, Calif., and a 1993 graduate of Whittier College in Los Angeles, Calif. He is the pop music critic for The Washington Post.
After a wedding trip to Cruz de Loreto, Mexico, the couple resides in Washington, D.C.