- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area sports digest 1/12/07
Redhawks' Smith earns OVC weekly honor
Southeast Missouri State sprinter Miles Smith has been honored as the Ohio Valley Conference male track athlete of the week for his performance in the first meet of the season last month.
Smith won the 200-meter dash at the Arkansas State Kickoff Classic with a time of 21.14 seconds, which is a school record and provisionally qualified him for the NCAA Division I indoor championships.
Bus trip to Grizzlies game on March 17
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department is planning an outing to a Memphis Grizzlies basketball game on March 17.
The Grizzlies will be playing an NBA regular-season contest against the Chicago Bulls, with the game scheduled to start at 7 p.m.
The bus will leave from Cape Girardeau at 1 p.m. and arrive in Memphis around 4 p.m. Dinner is not included, so those attending may bring a lunch -- coolers but no glass allowed on the bus -- or buy dinner in Memphis.
The cost is $55 for the trip and 46 tickets will be available.
For information, call Jared Tanz at 335-5421.
* The department also said Thursday that only four tickets remain for the Jan. 27 trip to the St. Louis Blues game against the Nashville Predators. Those tickets cost $52 per person.
For information, call 335-5421.
-- Southeast Missourian