- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Retired Army Lt. Col. Robert E. Dunn, 90, of Cairo died Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 16, 1916, in Cairo, son of John Edward and Grace Jane Roberts Dunn.
Dunn received a master's degree in journalism from the University of Illinois. He worked in advertising in Chicago.
He served 34 years in the military and was a veteran of World War II. He then served in the reserves until 1976.
He was a member of Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center, Cairo Masonic Lodge 237 AF&AM, a patriots member of the National Republican Congressional Committee, and a life member of the Reserve Officers Association of the United States.
Survivors include two sisters, Alice Johnston and Helen Watkins of Cairo.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. A Masonic service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill. Military honors will be offered by Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Ill., Cairo VFW Post 2649 and Louis Phares American Legion Post 178 of Villa Ridge.