- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Billy Finley Sr.
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Billy Dean Finley Sr., 59, of Bertrand died Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2007, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born March 23, 1947, at Anniston, Mo., son of Tom and Ruby Nell McMillen Finley.
Finley was employed at Southeast Co-op near Bertrand.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, Billy Finley II of Jonesboro, Ark., Shawn Finley of Kennett, Mo.; four brothers, Troy Smith of Benton, Mo., James Finley of Portageville, Mo., Bobby Finley of Hayti, Mo., Donnie Finley of Cave City, Ark.; six sisters, Martha Shankle of Charleston, Mo., Joann Broussard of the state of Texas, Rita Jarvis of Milton, Fla., Debbie Meyer of Vienna, Ill., Gloria Ferguson of Clarksville, Tenn., Patricia Traughber of Cape Girardeau; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until time of service Saturday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery near Charleston, with military graveside rites provided by Missouri Military Honors Program.