- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Mildred Marie Brown, 89, of Jackson died Thursday, Jan. 11, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 25, 1917, at Fruitland, daughter of Charles E. and Mary Gross Leimer. She and John E. Brown were married Feb. 7, 1937, in Pocahontas. He died May 20, 1976.
Brown was a homemaker and a member of St. John's Lutheran Church at Pocahontas.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary E. (Roy) Petzoldt of Jackson; five sons, John E. Brown (Barbara Reis), Paul L. (Loretta) Brown, James E. (Linda) Brown, Daniel K. (Linda) Brown, and Rick L. (Pam) Brown, all of Jackson; a brother, Gilbert (Jeanette) Leimer of Jackson; a sister, Norma F. Robinson of Jackson; 16 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Ruben and Elmer Leimer, and a sister, Viola Hoffman.
Friends may call Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, and after 1 p.m. Sunday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.
The funeral will be Sunday at 2 p.m. at the church, with the Rev. Bruce C. Ritter officiating, assisted by the Rev. Craig Petzoldt. Interment will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery at Pocahontas.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to St. John's Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.