- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Mildred Marie Brown, 89, of Jackson died Thursday, Jan. 11, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 25, 1917, at Fruitland, daughter of Charles E. and Mary Gross Leimer. She and John E. Brown were married Feb. 7, 1937, in Pocahontas. He died May 20, 1976.
Brown was a homemaker and a member of St. John's Lutheran Church at Pocahontas.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary E. (Roy) Petzoldt of Jackson; five sons, John E. Brown (Barbara Reis), Paul L. (Loretta) Brown, James E. (Linda) Brown, Daniel K. (Linda) Brown, and Rick L. (Pam) Brown, all of Jackson; a brother, Gilbert (Jeanette) Leimer of Jackson; a sister, Norma F. Robinson of Jackson; 16 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Ruben and Elmer Leimer, and a sister, Viola Hoffman.
Friends may call Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, and after 1 p.m. Sunday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.
The funeral will be Sunday at 2 p.m. at the church, with the Rev. Bruce C. Ritter officiating, assisted by the Rev. Craig Petzoldt. Interment will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery at Pocahontas.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to St. John's Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.