- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Iva J. Thorn, 92, of Jackson passed away Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born April 19, 1914, near Gravel Hill, Mo., daughter of Barney and Amanda Hanners Allen. She and Herbert Thorn were married Nov. 28, 1934, in Marble Hill, Mo. He passed away Jan. 23, 1975.
Iva was a resident of Burfordville many years until moving to Jackson in 1975. She was of Baptist belief.
Loving survivors include a son, Robert Thorn of Panama City, Fla.; two daughters, Ella Mae Beard of Jackson and Joyce (Ray) Uhles of St. Louis; a son-in-law, Sam Green of Jackson; 14 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and 14 great-great-grandchildren.
In addition to her loving husband, she was preceded by a son, Jerry Thorn; a daughter, Jolene Green; a son-in-law, Kenny Beard; a daughter-in-law, Margaret Thorn; two infant grandsons, four sisters and one brother.
Friends may call Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First General Baptist Church of Jackson.