- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau County Commission action 1/12/07
* Received and filed local sales tax report for December 2006.
* Received and filed letter regarding award of 2007 local law enforcement block grant in the amount of $9,000.
* Approved payroll change forms.
* Approved gazebo reservations for Jessica Seabaugh wedding.
* Received and filed erroneous assessments.
* Received and filed sheriff's recap and monthly status report.
* Received and filed letter from Smith and Co. regarding completion of Horrell Bridge.
* Approved wording of letter to Missouri Department of Transportation to clarify location of Millersville town sign.
* Approved maintenance contract with Copi-Rite for circuit clerk, Jackson.
* Appproved Humane Society request for funds approved in 2007 budget.
* Reappointed Marcia Ritter, Valeria Tuschhoff and Mary Robertson to Mental Health Board.
* Received report from Roger Hudson, treasurer, regarding land tax sale oversurplus.
* Approved support for Stan Murray of the Soil and Water Conservation District's request regarding Byrd Creek project.
* Heard report from Jack Greene, Swinford Insurance and Kara Clark, county clerk, regarding health reimbursement accounts.
Items not on agenda
* Received report of sales tax revocation notice.
* Approved request from TAC to do an evaluation of county buildings for possible energy savings.