- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Smaller field assembles for Saint Francis Indoor tourney
Smaller has been better recently at the Saint Francis Indoor Soccer Invitational.
The 13th annual event, which begins tonight at the Show Me Center, has backed off to 60 teams in this year's field, which will only have one venue.
The construction of the Southeast Missouri State University aquatics complex and events at Houck Field House, including Saturday's season-opening Southeast gymnastics meet, have limited the tournament to just the Show Me Center as a venue this year.
The big arena will host 95 games on three courts over three days, beginning at 5 p.m. today. The event plays until 10 tonight, has sessions from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
Teams from Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky will compete in various age divisions from under-9 through under-18.
Tickets for each day of the event are $3.
Last year's event had 65 teams, the previous year had about 90, and 2004 had about 96.
Under-9 boys -- Jackson United vs. Perryville Lightning, 7 p.m.
Under-9 girls -- Soccer Roos vs. Jackson United White, 5 p.m.; SMSC Stars vs. Jackson United Black, 6 p.m.
Under-11 boys -- SMSC Blue Ice vs. Cobras, 5 p.m.; SMSC White Ice vs. Dutch Enterprise, 6 p.m.
Under-11 girls -- SMSC Roadrunners vs. Ambush, 8 p.m.; Jackson United U-11 vs. Perryville Stars, 9 p.m.
Under-12 boys -- SMSC Code Blue vs. JU-11, 5 p.m.; Jackson United vs. Classic United 94-95, 6 p.m.
Under-12 girls -- Jackson United vs. SMSC Quake, 7 p.m.
Under-15 boys -- Classic United Gold vs. Jackson United, 7 p.m.; Classic United Black vs. SMSC Vipers, 8 p.m.
Under-15 girls -- SMSC Crush vs. Jackson United, 8 p.m.
Under-18 boys -- Noon Optimist Terror vs. Outlaws, 9 p.m.; Perryville Tractors vs. Empire, 10 p.m.
Under-18 girls -- SMSC Lady Sweepers vs. Perryville Stars, 9 p.m.; Cape Bulldogs vs. Sting, 10 p.m.