- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Eugene W. Oehler, 80, of Cairo died Monday, Jan. 8, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 2, 1926, in Cairo, son of William Joseph and Christina Barbara Klein Oehler.
Oehler had worked at Burkart Foam Manufacturing Co., and was a photographer. He was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and Cairo Photography Club.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include three nieces, Elizabeth Janson, Ruth George and Doris Hasser, all of St. Louis; and a nephew, Robert Oehler of French Village, Mo.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Saturday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick's Church, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill. Military honors will be conducted by Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Ill., Cairo VFW Post 2649, Louis Phares American Legion Post 178 of Villa Ridge, and the U.S. Navy.