- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Anita B. Cornehlsen, 84, formerly of Farrar, Mo., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2007, at The Arbors in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 23, 1922, in Farrar, daughter of Richard and Emma Koenig Fritsche. She and Gilbert J. Cornehlsen were married Nov. 13, 1943, in Tullahoma, Tenn. He died July 1, 1990.
Anita was a lifelong member of Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar. She was baptized March 12, 1922, and was confirmed April 5, 1936. She was a cook at Salem Lutheran School 15 years, was an honorary member of Salem Lutheran Women's Missionary League and Altar Guild. She was active in the Ladies Aid, and was an auxiliary member of DAV.
Anita volunteered at Perry County Memorial Hospital 12 years, and was instrumental in the start-up of Salem Senior Servants, where she was a member 10 years.
Survivors include four children, Glenda (Terry) Hecht of Altenburg, Mo., Janice (Clyde) Sides of Arnold, Mo., Thomas (Sharon) Cornehlsen of San Antonio, Texas, Sarah (Jim) Cochrane of Cape Girardeau; three sisters-in-law, Lucille Fritsche of St. Louis, Amanda Fritsche of Farrar, and Elda Fritsche of Perryville, Mo.
Also surviving are seven grandchildren, Melinda (Jeff) Schnurbusch of Perryville, Melissa (Jeff) Baer of Jackson, Mark (Dottie) Sides of Pevely, Mo., Anthony (Becky) Sides of Ellsinore, Mo., Ryan (Sarah) Cornehlsen of San Antonio, Jamie and Alisha Cochrane of Cape Girardeau; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers, two sisters, two infant siblings.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, and after 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Interment will be in Salem Lutheran Church Cemetery at Farrar.
Memorials may be made to Salem Lutheran Church of Farrar School Hymnal Fund or Alzheimer's Association.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.