- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Alberta Loos of Cape Girardeau departed this life peacefully at home in the presence of her living children Jan. 10, 2007, to be with her Lord and Savior, and her late husband, Ervin A. Loos of 32 years, and daughter, Alice.
Alberta was born Aug. 2, 1918, to the late Albert and Magdalene Keller Schrader of Cape Girardeau. She graduated with a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau. Alberta was a devoted school teacher 27 years. She taught at Abernathy School in Cape Girardeau County; May Greene in Cape Girardeau; Harrisburg, Manlius and Milledgeville, Ill., where she retired in 1985.
Alberta was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, where she participated in Trinity Senior Aid, Trinity Junior Aid and Trinity Guild.
After retirement from public schools she taught for Adult Basic Education, volunteered for the Lutheran Home Auxiliary, Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxiliary, FISH and RSVP, all in Cape County. She deeply loved her family, friends and volunteering for the community.
Survivors include a daughter, Ellen Loos of Dedham, Mass.; sons, David and Lori Loos of Loami, Ill., Keith and Lisa Loos of Conway, Ark.; and son-in-law, Doug and Debbie Wessel of Hayward, Wis. She has seven grandchildren: Sara, Meghan and Aaron Wessel of Hayward, Adam and Matt Loos of Conway, and Daniel and Alison Loos of Loami; a sister, Wilma Grossheider of Gordonville; a brother, Eugene and Louise Schrader of Creve Coeur, Mo.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Marvin and Norman Schrader, and a sister, Cleo Catherine Schrader.
A gathering of friends and family will be at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Friday from 4 to 8 p.m., and Saturday from noon to service time at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church Saturday at 1 p.m., with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
In compliance to Alberta's wishes, the family asks that in lieu of flowers donations may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, Wycliffe Bible Translators, American Hearing Research Foundation, National Transplant Society, and/or the American Heart Association.