- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Man binds employees, robs Dollar General
Police were looking Saturday night for a man who robbed a Cape Girardeau Dollar General Store.
Cape Girardeau police responded to a call of an armed robbery at 8:15 p.m. at the Dollar General at 64 N. Plaza Way. Police say a man used a handgun to intimidate two female employees and force them into the rear of the store, where he bound them. The suspect then left with an undetermined amount of money.
Since the employees were tied up in the rear of the store and there were no other witnesses, police didn't know whether the suspect fled on foot or in an automobile, or which direction he went after leaving the store.
The two employees suffered no injuries other than small scratches from where their hands were tied, police said. After the suspect left the store, the employees freed themselves and called 911.