- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Doris L. Rogers, 83, of Olmsted died Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 7, 1920, in Olmsted, daughter of Byron and Clara Ramsaeger Shelton. She married Barney Rogers, who preceded her in death.
Rogers retired as an inventory clerk at Delta Drug Co. in Cairo. She was a member of the Congregational Church in Mound City, Ill.
Survivors include a daughter, Deloris Morgan of Cairo; three sons, Kenneth Rogers of Wentzville, Mo., Jeffery Rogers of Fenton, Mo., William Rogers of Cairo; 13 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two sisters, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds, Ill., after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Windings officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.