- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Bollinger County Relay for Life was big success
To the editor:
I would like all of those involved in the planning of Bollinger County's first American Cancer Society Relay for Life to be recognized for the tremendous job they did. This was a huge event with many aspects. By midnight, the funds raised exceeded the $15,000 goal by more than $5,000, and more funds are still to come in before totals are counted.
I was amazed at how informed everyone was. Each event was performed with what appeared to be great preciseness. I was moved to see hundred of citizens supporting one another as they memorialized their loved ones who have passed on and honored those who are still battling cancer.
It is my prayer that God will bless each individual who gave time and money and that God will supernaturally double or triple every dollar given so that a cure for cancer will soon be found.
I look forward to many more years of celebrating life through the Relay for Life in Bollinger County. I encourage other counties to start their own celebrations and help the research for a cure for cancer.
JOY (STEVENS) DuPREY
KMHM 104.1 FM
Marble Hill, Mo.