- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Bollinger County Relay for Life was big success
To the editor:
I would like all of those involved in the planning of Bollinger County's first American Cancer Society Relay for Life to be recognized for the tremendous job they did. This was a huge event with many aspects. By midnight, the funds raised exceeded the $15,000 goal by more than $5,000, and more funds are still to come in before totals are counted.
I was amazed at how informed everyone was. Each event was performed with what appeared to be great preciseness. I was moved to see hundred of citizens supporting one another as they memorialized their loved ones who have passed on and honored those who are still battling cancer.
It is my prayer that God will bless each individual who gave time and money and that God will supernaturally double or triple every dollar given so that a cure for cancer will soon be found.
I look forward to many more years of celebrating life through the Relay for Life in Bollinger County. I encourage other counties to start their own celebrations and help the research for a cure for cancer.
JOY (STEVENS) DuPREY
KMHM 104.1 FM
Marble Hill, Mo.