- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Bollinger County Relay for Life was big success
To the editor:
I would like all of those involved in the planning of Bollinger County's first American Cancer Society Relay for Life to be recognized for the tremendous job they did. This was a huge event with many aspects. By midnight, the funds raised exceeded the $15,000 goal by more than $5,000, and more funds are still to come in before totals are counted.
I was amazed at how informed everyone was. Each event was performed with what appeared to be great preciseness. I was moved to see hundred of citizens supporting one another as they memorialized their loved ones who have passed on and honored those who are still battling cancer.
It is my prayer that God will bless each individual who gave time and money and that God will supernaturally double or triple every dollar given so that a cure for cancer will soon be found.
I look forward to many more years of celebrating life through the Relay for Life in Bollinger County. I encourage other counties to start their own celebrations and help the research for a cure for cancer.
JOY (STEVENS) DuPREY
KMHM 104.1 FM
Marble Hill, Mo.