- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)2
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
Bollinger County Relay for Life was big success
To the editor:
I would like all of those involved in the planning of Bollinger County's first American Cancer Society Relay for Life to be recognized for the tremendous job they did. This was a huge event with many aspects. By midnight, the funds raised exceeded the $15,000 goal by more than $5,000, and more funds are still to come in before totals are counted.
I was amazed at how informed everyone was. Each event was performed with what appeared to be great preciseness. I was moved to see hundred of citizens supporting one another as they memorialized their loved ones who have passed on and honored those who are still battling cancer.
It is my prayer that God will bless each individual who gave time and money and that God will supernaturally double or triple every dollar given so that a cure for cancer will soon be found.
I look forward to many more years of celebrating life through the Relay for Life in Bollinger County. I encourage other counties to start their own celebrations and help the research for a cure for cancer.
JOY (STEVENS) DuPREY
KMHM 104.1 FM
Marble Hill, Mo.