- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Bollinger County Relay for Life was big success
To the editor:
I would like all of those involved in the planning of Bollinger County's first American Cancer Society Relay for Life to be recognized for the tremendous job they did. This was a huge event with many aspects. By midnight, the funds raised exceeded the $15,000 goal by more than $5,000, and more funds are still to come in before totals are counted.
I was amazed at how informed everyone was. Each event was performed with what appeared to be great preciseness. I was moved to see hundred of citizens supporting one another as they memorialized their loved ones who have passed on and honored those who are still battling cancer.
It is my prayer that God will bless each individual who gave time and money and that God will supernaturally double or triple every dollar given so that a cure for cancer will soon be found.
I look forward to many more years of celebrating life through the Relay for Life in Bollinger County. I encourage other counties to start their own celebrations and help the research for a cure for cancer.
JOY (STEVENS) DuPREY
KMHM 104.1 FM
Marble Hill, Mo.