- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Helen Marie Crump, 81, of Chaffee died Monday, Jan. 1, 2007, at her home.
She was born June 25, 1925, at Chaffee, daughter of Fred and Coletta Regina Compas Lux.
Crump was a retired supervisor for the Thorngate LTD in Chaffee. She was a volunteer for the nursing home ombudsman for the Southeast Missouri area. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include a daughter, Sue Masters of Dayton, Tenn.; two brothers, Cletus Lux of Benton, Mo., August Lux of Berwin, Ill.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers.
Friends may call from 10:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The rosary will be recited at 11 a.m.
The funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.