- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Single-car accident injures woman, young girl
A woman and a girl were injured in a one-car accident on Cape Rock Drive Tuesday evening.
Cape Girardeau Fire Battalion Chief Bob Kembel said the driver of the vehicle reportedly struck a utility pole near Lexington Avenue and overturned in the road about 6:09 p.m.
Kembel said the driver and a young girl were transported to Saint Francis Medical Center. There were no other passengers.
Fire department officials did not release information about the victims. Kembel said he did not know which direction the vehicle was traveling at the time of the accident or the make or model of the vehicle.
Power lines were down, Kembel said, but it was unknown if power was out in the neighborhood.
Cape fire and police and AmerenUE workers responded to the scene.
AmerenUE officials could not be reached for comment.