- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Safety classes for farmers, motor carriers scheduled by MoDOT
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold two safety seminars this month, one for motor carriers and the other for farmers.
Both sessions will be held at the MoDOT regional office in Sikeston, officials said.
On Jan. 23, MoDOT will update motor carriers on the latest commercial vehicle safety regulations and federal hazardous materials rules. In addition to such topics as licensing and maintenance record keeping, instructors will discuss drug and alcohol testing and other regulations.
The seminar is scheduled to start at 8 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. Admission is free, but reservations are required because of limited seating, MoDOT officials said.
On Jan. 24, MoDOT will hold a seminar to explain transportation laws to farmers and others involved in agricultural transportation. The seminar is free, but seating is limited, officials said.
For reservations to either seminar, call (866) 831-6277, extension 5.