- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Steven P. Dain, 60, of Olive Branch died Monday, Jan. 1, 2007, at his home, following an extended illness.
He was born Sept. 12, 1946, in Cairo, Ill., son of Albert E. and Sue LeSar Dain.
Mr. Dain retired from Cairo High School where he was a teacher and guidance counselor 31 years. He was a member of Lake Milligan Baptist Church in Miller City, Ill., where he served as organist, Sunday school secretary and church treasurer. He was a member of Velo Girardeau Bicycle Club in Cape Girardeau and of Cairo Teachers Association.
Survivors include his mother, Sue Dain of Olive Branch; a daughter and son-in-law, Tammy and Douglas Heidland of Barnhart, Mo.; a brother and sister-in-law, Randy and Joann Dain of Wood River, Ill.; and four grandchildren, Austin, Luke, Sam and Abigail Heidland.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Verlee Eaker officiating. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to American Cancer Society Southern Region, 4503 W. DeYoung, Suite 200C, Marion, Ill., 62959, in memory of Steven P. Dain.