- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston woman, Cape man injured in accidents
A 47-year-old Sikeston woman was seriously injured late Tuesday night, and a Cape Girardeau man sustained moderate injuries Wednesday morning in separate accidents near Blodgett, Mo.
Melinda Bula was taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center after the 10:30 p.m. accident Tuesday on County Road 522, three miles south of Blodgett.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported Bula lost control of the vehicle, and it ran off the road and struck a tree.
James Eaves, 63, of Cape Girardeau was injured Wednesday about 5 miles north of Blodgett when his brakes locked and his vehicle skidded off the right side of the road, overturning and coming to rest in a bean field. Eaves was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital. The accident occur-red at 6:56 a.m. on Highway D off Highway 77.