- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Raymond O. "Ray" Axley, 75, of Mounds died Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
He was born Aug. 9, 1931, in Tamms, Ill., son of Will and Frances Hicks Axley.
Axley was a retired house painter.
Survivors include two brothers, William Axley of Wickliffe, Ky., Charles Axley of Mounds; and a sister, Joan Axley of Mounds.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, and three brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 11 a.m. until service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gerald Darnall officiating. Burial will be in Beechwood Cemetery at Mounds.