- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ellen "Nellie" Onderdonk, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006, at Chateau Girardeau.
She was born July 29, 1909, in Perry County, daughter of August and Mary Florence McCauley Cissell. She and Virgil J. Hoffman were married Aug. 16, 1928. He died Jan. 1, 1969. She then married Lester Gibbar Dec. 6, 1972. He died Dec. 5, 1975. She and Albert "Red" Onderdonk were married Oct. 2, 1979. He died April 7, 1983.
Onderdonk had been a seamstress at Perry County Nursing Home. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Norma Buerck of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Virgil Hoffman Jr. of Kansas City, Mo., Paul Hoffman of Brawley, Calif.; 13 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; and five great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers, six sisters, eight half brothers and sisters and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 8:45 a.m. to service time Saturday at St. Vincent's Church in Perryville, Mo.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.
Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville is in charge of arrangements.