- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Charlotte Elizabeth Swan Wade, 71, of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, Dec. 24, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Aug. 11, 1935, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Otis G. and Verneda Coates Swan. She married Robert G. Wade.
Wade was employed as a licensed practical nurse for more than 51 years. A graduate of John S. Cobb High School in Cape Girardeau, Wade attended Saint Francis Hospital School of Nursing. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Survivors include her husband of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Deborah Jean Wade of Danbury, Conn.; two sons, Robert C. Wade Jr. of Boston, Mass., and Anthony G. Wade of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Barbara Swan of Cape Girardeau and Sue Swan of Boston, Mass.; a brother, Robert Swan of Boston, Mass.; an aunt, Ursie Black of Cape Girardeau; and several grandchildren.
Friends may call from 8:45 a.m. until 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau.
A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the cathedral. The Rev. Thomas Kiefer will officiate with co-celebrants the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye and the Rev. Augustine Alilonu, with burial in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston is in charge of arrangements.