- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ELDON, Mo. -- James Everett "Bake" Calhoun, 94, died Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006, in Jefferson City, Mo.
Born Nov. 26, 1912, in Matthews, Mo., son of the late James Frederick "Fritz" and Nancy Louise Wilburn Calhoun, he was a farmer and former member of First Baptist Church of Sikeston, Mo. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Eldon.
On Jan. 29, 1934, in Matthews, he married Evia Hannah McKenzie, who preceded him in death April 20, 1993.
Two sisters and three brothers also preceded him in death.
Survivors include two daughters and sons-in-law, Anita and James Hahs of Jackson, Linda and Danny Greeson of Eldon; a son and daughter-in-law, James Edward and Tommie Calhoun of Champaign, Ill.; a sister, Elsie Streeter of Oran, Mo.; and a brother, Fritzy Lee Calhoun of Maysville, Okla.
Also eight grandchildren, Janet Sanders of Jackson, Patrick Hahs of Almo, Ky., Ellen Hahs of Millersville, Christina Stafford of Jefferson City, Charles Greeson of Springfield, Mo., Scott Calhoun of Coal Valley, Ill., Julie Stoops of Durham, N.C., Joseph Calhoun of Long Beach, Calif.; 12 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Phillips Funeral Home in Eldon, and from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Blanchard Funeral Chapel. The Rev. Webb Manley of Day Spring Missionary Baptist Church in Jackson will officiate. Burial will follow in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.
Pallbearers will be Scott Calhoun, Joseph Calhoun, Charles Greeson, Patrick Hahs, Doug Sanders and David Stoops.