- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Irene H. West, 89, of Anna died Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2006, at Union County Hospital.
She was born July 8, 1917, in Anna, daughter of Tullie and Annie Clyde Bird Hess. She and F. Wayne West were married Oct. 31, 1937, in Anna. He died April 5, 2000.
West retired from ASH Credit Union at Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center. She was a member of Mount Moriah Lutheran Church. She was a past officer and member of American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Jennifer Harwell of Magnolia Springs, Ala., Alice Wendling of Dongola, Ill.; four grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, and after 10 a.m. Saturday at Mount Moriah Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Dr. Richard Hertenstein officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery.