- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cora B. Oberbeck, 87, of Jackson died Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2006, at Monticello House.
She was born Aug. 25, 1919, in Tilsit, daughter of Gustav and Lydia Burgfeld Best. She and Clarence A. Oberbeck were married Dec. 30, 1945, in Cape Girardeau. He died Jan. 12, 2000.
She was employed by International Shoe Co. in Jackson and Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau 44 years, retiring in 1984. She was a member of Evangelical United Church of Christ in Cape Girardeau.
She is survived by a daughter, Barbara A. Oberbeck of Jackson; a sister, Esther Hennecke of Jackson; two brothers, Wilbert Best of Jackson and Marvin Best Sr. and wife Verna of Gordonville; several nephews and nieces including Marvin Best Jr. and wife Carolyn of Gordonville and Bonnie Stahlman and husband Brian of Gordonville; several great-nephews and nieces including Bob Best and wife Gail of Cape Girardeau, Terry Best and wife Mindy of Jackson; Jennifer Stahlman and Ashley Stahlman of Gordonville; and a great- great-nephew, Kyle Best of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home today from 4 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Greg Heinsman officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Pallbearers will be Marvin Best Jr., Bob and Terry Best, Brian Stahlman, Chris Weiss and Charles Pruitt.
Memorials may be made to Evangelical United Church of Christ, 37 S. Ellis, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.