- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Notre Dame blanks Central
Lindsay Reinagel pitched her second consecutive shutout and Notre Dame banged out nine hits in a 4-0 win over cross-town softball rival Central at Notre Dame.
Reinagel pitched a complete game, striking out three and allowing six hits. Notre Dame jumped in front 1-0 with a run in the second inning and added two runs in the third to cushion its lead.
Sarah Michel and Rachel Ruopp had three hits apiece for the Bulldogs, who improved to 2-0. Megan McDonald was 2-for-3 for Central (1-1).
Notre Dame will host Poplar Bluff today while Central will be in action this weekend at the Cor Jesu Tournament.
"It's a big win any time you knock off cross-town rivals," Notre Dame coach Jeff Graviett said.