- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mrs. Marcia M. Pitts, 43, of Jonesboro, Ill., died Thursday, Dec. 21, 2006 at her home.
She was born July 25, 1963, in Anna, Ill., the daughter of Lloyd and Betty Linton McCann.
She was married to Robert Eugene "Bob" Pitts on April 16, 1981, in Anna, Ill. Bob died Dec. 21, 2006.
Marcia is survived by her daughter, Elizabeth Ashley Pitts of Jonesboro, Ill.; a son, Robert Eugene Pitts Jr., of Jonesboro, Ill.; one brother, Lloyd (Alice) McCann of Anna, Ill.; four sisters, Virginia Bellee of Anna, Ill., Debbie (Alan) Evans of Carbondale, Ill., Betty Short of Anna, Ill., Mary (Marty) McDonald of Carbondale, Ill.; nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother, Steve McCann and a niece, Katilyn Evans.
She was employed at Gateway Rehab Foundation in Carbondale. Marcia's specialty was baking.
Funeral services for Mrs. Marcia M. Pitts will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 28, 2006, at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., with the Rev. Bobby Richardson officiating.
Internment will be in the Jonesboro Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006. Memorial contributions may be made to the donor's choice. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home of Anna, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.