- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Grace Louise Walker Johns, 79, of Jonesboro died on Saturday, Dec. 23, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 21, 1927, at Bald Knob, Ark., daughter of Charles Alfred and Milford Lucile Sharp Walker.
She and Jesse Marion Johns were married Oct. 17, 1941, at Jackson. He died March 10, 1989.
She was a member of the Ware Pentecostal Church. She was a retired technician at the Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center in Anna, Ill.
Survivors include her children, Jesse Lee Johns of Clinton, Ill., Raymond and Eugene Johns of Anna, Marion Louise Parmly of Mount Vernon, Ill., Ralph Augusta Johns of Anna, Linda Fay Faire of Jonesboro, Lonnie Wayne Johns of Wolf Lake, Ill., Stella Mae Plott of Anna, Pamela Gay Johns of Cape Girardeau, Patsy Darlene Evans of Jonesboro, Sheila Kay Plott of Anna, Mark Alan Plott of Jonesboro, and Lily Maxine Brownfield Brimm of Anna; two brothers, Paul Walker of Murphysboro, Ill., and Ronnie Walker of Sylacauga, Ala.; a sister, Helen Marie Miller of Elkton, Ky.; 32 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents, a great-grandson, a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
The Rev. Danny Jones will officiate. Burial will be in the Alto Pass, Ill., Cemetery.