- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Thomas and Kathy Buehrle of Hopkinsville, Ky., announce the engagement of their daughter, Katie Ann Canfield of Cape Girardeau, to Jonathan Edward Vandrell of Tulsa, Okla. He is the son of Denise and Terry Rigdon of Tulsa and Jim and Louise Vandrell of Blue Springs, Mo. Canfield is also the daughter of the late Guy Harper of Cape Girardeau.
Canfield is a 2001 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She received a bachelor's degree in broadcasting and film from Central Missouri State University in 2005. She is employed at Service Management Group in Kansas City, Mo.
Vandrell is a 1997 graduate of Union High School. He received a bachelor's degree in marketing and business management from Oklahoma State University in 2001, and a master's degree in international business in 2003. He is employed at Rigdon Marine in New Orleans, La.
A Feb. 17 wedding is planned at St. Peter's Catholic Church in Kansas City.