- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- James Paul Long, 51, of Butner, N.C., died Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, in Butner.
He was born June 14, 1955, in Cape Girardeau, son of James Lee and Joyce Dowd Long. He and Cindy Hudson were married in 1983 at Fredericktown, Mo.
Long was a tuckpointer.
Survivors include two sons, James Long Jr. and Joe Long of Fredericktown; his mother of Marble Hill; three sisters, Monica Jansen, Barbara Hutson and Brenda Jordan of Marble Hill; and four brothers, John, Bob, Tim and Adam Long of Marble Hill.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Old Union Methodist Church in Bessville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Bud Snyder and Dan James officiating. Burial will be in Old Union Cemetery.