- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- James Paul Long, 51, of Butner, N.C., died Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, in Butner.
He was born June 14, 1955, in Cape Girardeau, son of James Lee and Joyce Dowd Long. He and Cindy Hudson were married in 1983 at Fredericktown, Mo.
Long was a tuckpointer.
Survivors include two sons, James Long Jr. and Joe Long of Fredericktown; his mother of Marble Hill; three sisters, Monica Jansen, Barbara Hutson and Brenda Jordan of Marble Hill; and four brothers, John, Bob, Tim and Adam Long of Marble Hill.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Old Union Methodist Church in Bessville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Bud Snyder and Dan James officiating. Burial will be in Old Union Cemetery.