- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Olinda R. Aug, 98, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, at Chateau Girardeau Health Care Center. She had been a resident of the Chateau for 27 years, and had been one of their first residents.
She was born Nov. 15, 1908, in New Haven, Mo., daughter of William and Henrietta Werner. She and Alphons P. Aug, (who was superintendent of Superior Electric for many years), were married June 22, 1935, in St. Louis. He preceded her in death Aug. 18, 1959.
Mrs. Aug and her husband moved to Cape Girardeau in 1937. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau, a member of Daughters of Isabella and St. Vincent's Women's Council.
She is survived by four daughters, Mary Ann (Dan) Nenninger of Gordonville, Joanne (Fred) Meystedt and Barbara Morrow (Robert) Werner of Cape Girardeau and Frances Ann (Bill) Wunsch of St. Peters, Mo.
She is also survived by seven grandsons, Jim and David Meystedt, Ken and Roger Nenninger, Steve and Greg Wunsch, and Jason Morrow; and a granddaughter, Cindy Morrow Bruce; 22 great-grandchildren; and a great-great granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters.
Friends may call Friday from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, followed by a funeral Mass at 11:30 a.m. at the church. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church or Birthright.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.