- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Robert "Bob" Redfern, 77, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Nov. 14, 1929, at Chaffee, son of Robert H. and Iris Eileen Proffer Redfern. He and Vera Mae Westrich were married Jan. 31, 1953.
Redfern was a self-employed electrician, formerly owned Ace Trash Service and Ace Package in Chaffee, and had been a security guard with Wolsey Investigation. He was a veteran. He was a member of VFW Post 3127 and American Legion Post 389 in Chaffee.
Survivors include his wife and a sister, Becky Scheeter of Chaffee.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield. The Rev. Ralph Duffner will officiate.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.