Cape Girardeau City Council action 12/20/06
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
* Presented plaques to George Dordoni and Darryl Morgan.
* Adopted a new Chapter 31 of the city code relating to boating and docking regulations.
* Granted a special-use permit to the Gwenda L. Bennett Revocable Trust for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating an elevator addition at 1200 N. Cape Rock Drive.
* Granted a special-use permit to Cape Girardeau School District for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating an expansion of the Career and Technology Center at 1080 S. Silver Springs Road.
* Granted a special-use permit to the John H. and Shirley G. Ferguson Revocable Trust for purposes of constructing and maintaining a storage garage at 22 S. Ellis St.
* Vacated the city's interest in a portion of right of way on Old Silver Springs Road and retaining a utility easement.
* Amended Chapter 22 of the city code relating to disposal of waste fees.
* Accepted general warranty deeds, permanent easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place and the Broadway/Clark Street intersection.
* Declared it necessary to extend city water services to White Oaks Subdivision.
* Accepted access and utility easements from various property owners for improvements to Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* Accepted a permanent sewer, utility and access easement from Woodcreek Properties for improvements to Orchard Park Subdivision.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Fronabarger Concreters for the Broadway Phase III Improvements.
* Re-established the commission of a town crier for the city of Cape Girardeau and re-adopting guidelines and regulations necessary to fulfill the position.
* Appointed Darryl Morgan to the Commission of a town crier for the city of Cape Girardeau for 2007.
* Approved a project of the Industrial Development Authority of the county.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Anthem Blue Cross for employee health insurance services.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a contract with Delta Dental for employee dental insurance services.
* Made appointment to the Vision 2020 Community Relations Council.
* Approved a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales liquor license for the Marquette Restaurant, 338 Broadway, Vaughn X. Prost, managing officer.