- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Virginia Evelyn Jones, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Dec. 15, 2006, at Life Care Center.
She was born Oct. 6, 1913, in Whitewater, daughter of Alexander and Martha Alva Dirden Willa. She was first married to Monroe Blumenberg. He died Jan. 28, 1948. She later married Howard Jones Feb. 24, 1949. He died Aug. 30, 1987.
She lived most of her life on the family farm north of Whitewater. She was a member of Whitewater United Methodist Church.
She is survived by three daughters, Laverne Waddle and husband Jerry of Cape Girardeau, Evelyn Nance of Whitewater, Sharon Clark and husband Tom of Dresden, Tenn.; a stepson, James Jones and wife Dixie of Cape Girardeau; a stepdaughter, Martha Waggoner and husband Gene of Annada, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by parents; husbands; and a stepson, Gene Jones.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Sunday from 4 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating. Burial will be in Zion United Methodist Cemetery at Gordonville.
Pallbearers will be Rocky Stroder, Frank Martin, Kendall Miller, Douglas Anderson, Ricky Nance, J.W. Stroder, Joe Dirden and Tyler Martin.