- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Kohl's stores donates to hospital's programs for diabetic children
Nationwide, Kohl's stores feature a number of special items for $5 each that benefit children's health and educational opportunities in local communities. The program, Kohl's Cares for Kids, uses 100 percent of the net profits for children's health and educational opportunities.
A recent $11,215 donation from Kohl's to Southeast Missouri Hospital benefited the hospital's programs for children with diabetes and their families. The programs are telephone lifestyle counseling; Camp Daybreak, a summer camp for children with diabetes offered in conjunction with the American Diabetes Association; a Pediatric Endicrinology Clinic in cooperation with SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis; and education programs on living with diabetes for children, parents, grandparents, caregivers and educators.
The Kohl's Cares for Kids programs features a gift card fund-raising opportunity for local schools and not-for-profit teens groups and the Kohl's Kids Who Care program, which recognizes children who contribute through volunteerism to their local communities.
Kohl's also sponsors the associate volunteer program, which encourages volunteerism to benefit local teen-focused not-for-profit organizations. For more information, visit www.kohlscorporation.com.