Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 12/18/06
Monday, December 18, 2006
401 Independence St.
7 p.m. MondayStudy Session at 5 p.m.
* Invocation by the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
* Pledge of Allegiance by Boy Scout Troop 21, St. Andrew Lutheran Church
* Presentation of plaques to George Dordoni and Darryl Morgan
* An ordinance adopting a new Chapter 31 of the city code relating to boating and docking regulations.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to the Gwenda L. Bennett Revocable Trust for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating an elevator addition at 1200 N. Cape Rock Drive.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Cape Girardeau School District for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating an expansion of the Career and Technology Center at 1080 S. Silver Springs Road.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to the John H. and Shirley G. Ferguson Revocable Trust for purposes of constructing and maintaining a storage garage at 22 S. Ellis St.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a portion of right of way on Old Silver Springs Road and retaining a utility easement.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 22 of the city code relating to disposal of waste fees.
* An ordinance accepting general warranty deeds, permanent easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place and the Broadway/Clark Street intersection.
* An ordinance declaring it necessary to extend city water services to White Oaks Subdivision.
* An ordinance accepting access and utility easements from various property owners for improvements to Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* An ordinance accepting a permanent sewer, utility and access easement from Woodcreek Properties for improvements to Orchard Park Subdivision.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Fronabarger Concreters for the Broadway Phase III Improvements.
* A resolution re-establishing the commission of a town crier for the city of Cape Girardeau and re-adopting guidelines and regulations necessary to fulfill the position.
* A motion appointing Darryl Morgan to the Commission of a town crier for the city of Cape Girardeau for 2007.
* A resolution approving a project of the Industrial Development Authority of the county.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Anthem Blue Cross for employee health insurance services.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Delta Dental for employee dental insurance services.
* Appointment to the Vision 2020 Community Relations Council.
* Approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales liquor license for the Marquette Restaurant, 338 Broadway, Vaughn X. Prost, managing officer.