- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert M. Whistler, 54, of Perryville died Friday, Dec. 15, 2006, at the Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
He was born Dec. 17, 1951, in Perryville, son of William John and Lillian Mary Bert Whistler.
Whistler was a retired lab supervisor from the Menard State Penitentiary.
Survivors include a son, Neil Whistler of Perryville; a brother, Stephen Whistler of Chaffee, Mo.; a sister, Mary Welker of Perryville; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery.