- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert M. Whistler, 54, of Perryville died Friday, Dec. 15, 2006, at the Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
He was born Dec. 17, 1951, in Perryville, son of William John and Lillian Mary Bert Whistler.
Whistler was a retired lab supervisor from the Menard State Penitentiary.
Survivors include a son, Neil Whistler of Perryville; a brother, Stephen Whistler of Chaffee, Mo.; a sister, Mary Welker of Perryville; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery.