- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
'Smooth roads' missed Highway 72
To the editor:Did the Missouri Department of Transportation forget the Cape Girardeau-Bollinger County stretch of Highway 72 in its smooth-roads program? That highway is heavily traveled, and it's literally like a washboard. I've traveled most of the state highways in Missouri, and none is in such a pitiful condition as Highway 72.
SHARON DIPPOLD, Sedgewickville, Mo.