- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
'Smooth roads' missed Highway 72
To the editor:Did the Missouri Department of Transportation forget the Cape Girardeau-Bollinger County stretch of Highway 72 in its smooth-roads program? That highway is heavily traveled, and it's literally like a washboard. I've traveled most of the state highways in Missouri, and none is in such a pitiful condition as Highway 72.
SHARON DIPPOLD, Sedgewickville, Mo.