- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Police charge 18-year-old in shooting death; may have been accidental (12/11/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Three juveniles charged with making terrorist threat (12/11/16)
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
'Smooth roads' missed Highway 72
To the editor:Did the Missouri Department of Transportation forget the Cape Girardeau-Bollinger County stretch of Highway 72 in its smooth-roads program? That highway is heavily traveled, and it's literally like a washboard. I've traveled most of the state highways in Missouri, and none is in such a pitiful condition as Highway 72.
SHARON DIPPOLD, Sedgewickville, Mo.