- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
'Smooth roads' missed Highway 72
To the editor:Did the Missouri Department of Transportation forget the Cape Girardeau-Bollinger County stretch of Highway 72 in its smooth-roads program? That highway is heavily traveled, and it's literally like a washboard. I've traveled most of the state highways in Missouri, and none is in such a pitiful condition as Highway 72.
SHARON DIPPOLD, Sedgewickville, Mo.