- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
'Smooth roads' missed Highway 72
To the editor:Did the Missouri Department of Transportation forget the Cape Girardeau-Bollinger County stretch of Highway 72 in its smooth-roads program? That highway is heavily traveled, and it's literally like a washboard. I've traveled most of the state highways in Missouri, and none is in such a pitiful condition as Highway 72.
SHARON DIPPOLD, Sedgewickville, Mo.