- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Thanks for kindness of others
To the editor:We want to say how deeply grateful we are for the kindness of others when our home and pets were lost Dec. 7. There are so many who came by with badly needed hugs, prayers and comfort that meant so much.
Also, thanks for the help from Griffin, Keller and crew; the King family; Unity Baptist Church of Benton, RM Coco and crew; and the Basket Association and crew.
These are just a few among so many, including dear friends, who reached deep into their hearts and pockets to help when they had so little themselves. We three count ourselves truly blessed and grateful.
LARRY, KATHRYN and DELMAR PLUHAR, Benton, Mo.