- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Angela Kay Phillips and Randy Joseph Whitticre were married Sept. 17, 2005, at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Rev. Paul Short performed the ceremony. Music was by Pat Palisch of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Betty Phillips of Jackson. The groom is the son of Larry and Melinda Whitticre of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Kay Wicker of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Royle of Gordonville, sister of the groom; Angela Shell of Jackson, and Staci Friese of Cape Girardeau.
Roy Northern of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Shawn Royle of Gordonville, brother-in-law of the groom; Brian Weiss and Dan Lancaster of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Mike Seaton of Cape Girardeau and Phil Puckett of Martin, Tenn.
Candlelighters were Andrea Staton of Boulder, Colo., and Amy Holmes of Bloomington, Ind., cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Allie Johnson, daughter of Cassie Johnson of Advance, Mo., and David Johnson of Cape Girardeau.
Christy Barr of Desloge, Mo., attended the guest book. Program attendants were Angela and Amy Kinnison of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the groom.
The reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson. Servers were the groom's mother; RuAnn Parker of Aurora, Colo., and Christy Kinnison of Cape Girardeau, aunts of the groom; Erica Kinnison of Kirksville, Mo., and Sara Kinnison of Columbia, Mo., cousins of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 16 at their home.
Mrs. Whitticre is a 1995 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in child development from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004. She is a customer service representative at Domino's Pizza in Jackson, and is co-owner of Motorsports Unlimited in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1992 graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast University. He served in the U.S. Navy. He is a line technician at Procter & Gamble, and is co-owner of Motorsports Unlimited.
After a cruise to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.