- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Rev. Ellis Grant
The Rev. Ellis Albert Grant, 68, of Jackson died Thursday, Dec. 14, 2006, at his home.
He was born June 23, 1938, in Lutesville, Mo., son of the Rev. Paul M. and Furn E. Eaker Grant. He and Ruth Ann Gould were married Dec. 21, 1958.
Grant was inducted into the U.S. Army Oct. 18, 1961. He was honorably discharged Oct. 17, 1963.
He was an ordained General Baptist minister, serving churches in Matthews Mo., St. Charles, Mo., Jackson, Tahlequah, Okla., and Ida. Ark. He retired from the postal processing center in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, the Rev. Michael, Stephen and Charles Grant, all of Jackson; five grandchildren; a great-grandson; three brothers; and two sisters.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call Sunday from 5 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Monday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Revs. Norman and Earnest Elledge officiating. Committal service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield with full military honors.