- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Fred Wehmeyer Sr.
THEBES, Ill. -- Fred J. Wehmeyer Sr., 84, of Carbondale, Ill., died Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2006, at the Rehab and Care Center of Jackson County in Murphysboro, Ill.
He was born Dec. 3, 1922, in Thebes, son of Fred and Pearl VanDyke Wehmeyer. He and Novella Hilferding were married Sept. 12, 1942. She died June 30, 1979.
Wehmeyer was a lifelong farmer, and also worked at Brown Shoe Co. 20 years.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include two sons, Fred Wehmeyer Jr. of Murphysboro, Dan Wehmeyer of Bloomington, Ill.; a daughter, Sharon Nausley of Clovis, Calif.; a brother, Winston Wehmeyer of Thebes; a half brother, Michael Cole of Thebes; three granddaughters; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until service time Saturday at Crain Pleasant Grove-Murdale Funeral Home near Murphysboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cliff Waller officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Memorial Park.