- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
* Legion meeting: The Jackson Post 158 American Legion baseball team will have a meeting for players and parents 7 p.m. today at the American Legion. The program this year will have three teams, and freshmen are eligible to play. Info: Gerald Adams, 243-4199.
* Individual/group lessons: Former Southeast Missouri State standout and current professional baseball player Zach Borowiak is offering individual and group training for youngsters through high school age at the Prospect Sports Academy indoor training facility, located at 9727 Highway 61 in Jackson. Info: Borowiak, (618) 534-9920.
* Women's league: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will offer a women's basketball league with play beginning Jan. 16. The league will have one division, with games on Tuesday's at the Osage Community Centre, and babysitting will be offered. The cost is $212 per team with registration open through Dec. 29 at the Osage Community Centre. Info: Amy Roth, 334-2859.
* Southeast winter clinics: The Southeast Missouri State softball program will offer its annual winter clinics for girls ages 8 through 18 at Houck Field House. There will be three sessions: Jan. 20 and 21 (1 to 4 p.m. each day for pitching/hitting/short game); Feb. 3 and 4 (1 to 4 p.m. each day for pitching/catching/hitting); and Feb. 10 and 11 (9 a.m. to noon each day for catching/hitting/defense/short game). The cost for each session is $55. Southeast coaches and players will instruct. Info: (573) 986-6730 or (573) 651-2993, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
* Coed tournament: The 10th annual Osage Invitational Coed Volleyball Tournament, conducted by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, will be Feb. 11. The tournament will have advanced and intermediate divisions with pool play followed by a single-elimination bracket. The entry fee is $55, due by the registration deadline of Feb. 8. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. The check-in will be 9 a.m. on tournament day, with play to begin at 10 a.m. Info: Amy Roth, 334-2859.
* Fundamentals class: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department and the Southeast Missouri State volleyball team are teaming up for a Fun-damentals of Volleyball clinic on Jan. 20. The cost is $11 per person, and the registration deadline is 5 p.m. Jan. 16. Session I, for ages 7 to 9, will be 9 to 10:30 a.m.; and Session II, for ages 10 to 13, will be 10:30 a.m. to noon. The class will be at the Osage Community Centre. Info: Amy Roth, 334-2859.
Items can be sent via fax (334-7288), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mail (Sports, Southeast Missourian, P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63702).