- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Barbara J. Mears, 67, of Perryville died Monday, Dec. 11, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 18, 1939, at Carterville, Ill., daughter of Alec and Reba Bollinger Gladden.
Mears worked as a CNA for several nursing homes and a member of the First Church of the Nazarene in Peoria, Ill.
Survivors include her mother; two sons, Greg Kohl of Sedgewickville, Mo., and Danny Blair of Jackson; a daughter, Teresa Kohl of Sedgewickville; a sister, Shirley Runion of Carbondale, Ill.; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, two sons and a daughter.
A private service will be held at a later date.
Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., is in charge of the arrangements.