- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Virginia R. Vaughn, 83, of Anna died Friday, Aug. 22, 2003, at her home.
She was born March 29, 1920, at Parma, Mo., daughter of William and Ilean B. Mitchell Hurst. She and Floyd E. Vaughn were married July 25, 1939, in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 13, 1995.
Vaughn worked 32 years at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Anna. She was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include two sons, Larry and Jimmy Vaughn of Anna; two sisters, Dorothy Thornton of Apopka, Fla., Frances Davis of Kennett, Mo.; two grandsons; a stepgranddaughter; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters, and three brothers.
The funeral was held Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, with Gene Crosser officiating. Burial was in Casper Cemetery.