- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Henry F. Myers, 81, of Friedheim died Sunday, Aug. 24, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 4, 1922, at Old Appleton, son of Marion and Addie Dickman Myers. He and Wilma C. Balsmann were married Oct. 29, 1946, at Apple Creek, Mo.
Myers was self-employed in excavation. He was a member of American Legion in Perryville, Mo., and St. Maurus Catholic Church at Biehle, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Vickie Kutz of Cape Girardeau, Sister Betty Myers of St. Peters, Mo., Michelle Roth of Jackson; two sons, Hank Myers of Perryville, Greg Myers of Friedheim; a brother, Willard Myers of Jackson; a sister, Virgie Jenkins of Kansas City, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter, two brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Maurus Catholic Church, with the Revs. Mark Bozada and Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.